Advice on the new Baxi Bermuda BBU 15 HE condencing boiler

usually just a 3kw fire and just on a plug and into the ring.
There is no need to have a fire with these as it is not an integral part of the appliance

how deep do they sit in the catchment? do they sit flush?

would it be possible to box in,if removable for servicing?

if so i think that could be a decent selling point without the fire

Sponsored Links
usually just a 3kw fire and just on a plug and into the ring.
There is no need to have a fire with these as it is not an integral part of the appliance

how deep do they sit in the catchment? do they sit flush?

would it be possible to box in,if removable for servicing?

if so i think that could be a decent selling point without the fire

..............................................................................................
The installation manual and specifications including measurements and clearances are downloads on the Baxi site.

I think the fire front maybe obligatory as the contols for the boiler somehow are partly integral to the fire front. I may be wrong but thats how I read the info in the baxi blurb.

Hope this helps

gms

The only problem is the flue has to be fitted from the top and this would usually need scaffolding.

You relplied:
I thought only BG bothered with that kind of nonsense :LOL:

Hi mine was the post started this thread.
What do you mean when you say flue/scaffold BG nonsense?
Are you saying that the old flue is Ok?
Are saying that if new it can be fitted from below?
Are you saying your fearless and fit them down the stack from a ladder?
Are saying BG are installers who charge for uneccessary extras?
Dont get me wrong, Not trying to be clever, just trying to save money wherever I can!

Thanks
gms

Are you saying that the old flue is Ok? No its not ok
Are saying that if new it can be fitted from below? nope has to be from top
Are you saying your fearless and fit them down the stack from a ladder?I believe he is!
Are saying BG are installers who charge for uneccessary extras? Health & safety extras like scaffold
Dont get me wrong, Not trying to be clever, just trying to save money wherever I can!

Thanks
gms
[/b]

• Thanks
Reactions: gms
Sponsored Links
New BBu is the best part of 2k + fitting. Is it worth it?

In terms of cost I guess it depends on the amount of pipework and upheaval involved for people who need to resite their boiler from a center of the house chimney to an ouside wall. In my case the boiler is so sited the cylinder and controls are to the right of the stack on the next floor, all pipework runs up 3 floors to the attic cold water and exspansion tanks.

Pity your not more local you may have been able to suggest alternatives where the numbers might add up in my favour?

Thanks

gms

In terms of cost I guess it depends on the amount of pipework and upheaval involved for people who need to resite their boiler from a center of the house chimney to an ouside wall. In my case the boiler is so sited the cylinder and controls are to the right of the stack on the next floor, all pipework runs up 3 floors to the attic cold water and exspansion tanks.

Pity your not more local you may have been able to suggest alternatives where the numbers might add up in my favour?

Thanks

gms

Pipework can easily be re directed from airing cupboard or indeed a new boiler can be mounted in airing cupboard if space allows and flued up through the loft.

• Thanks
Reactions: gms

Thanks

gms

Pipework can easily be re directed from airing cupboard or indeed a new boiler can be mounted in airing cupboard if space allows and flued up through the loft.

Ok, sounds interesting. If I was to consider having it done as you suggest, Is there a regulation that says the minimum distance a boiler has to be from a bath?

Thanks
gms

Are you saying that the old flue is Ok? No its not ok
Are saying that if new it can be fitted from below? nope has to be from top
Are you saying your fearless and fit them down the stack from a ladder?I believe he is!
Are saying BG are installers who charge for uneccessary extras? Health & safety extras like scaffold

Thanks
gms
[/b]

what he said. Except you don't need to be fearless you just need a harness. You only buy it once and keep it in the van. Unlike scaffolding.

A standard lader to the gutter and a roof ladder to the ridge would work if the chimney stack is not very tall. I would even consider doing that myself even without a harness.

I did lower my semi chimney stack by about three feet using a standard ladder aligned with the roof tile pitch. I dropped the bricks down one of my chimneys. What I did not realise was just how much dust had fallen down the neighbours untill the daughter came home from school. She cleaned it up before the dragon lady got home.

However, it would not work on the many homes where the chimney is a lot higher than the ridge of the roof.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back