Advice on this...Subsidence of my path, maybe more

20 mm aggregate,sharp sand
You have about 2 hours working time after mixing,so how much do you think you can lay and level inside that time?
If you are doingit in stages,you may need to put expansion joints in (wood,cork or similar,that can compress when the concrete expands)
Concrete gains 98% of it's strength in 2 days - it takes about 2 years to gain the other 2 !!
Don't do it when too cold (if the water content freezes,the concrete will crack)
Don't do it when too hot (drying out too quickly will crack it - cover it with damp sheet/sacks to avoid this)
And remeber to leave time to float it off (3 or 4 hours after laying it) in the same day - unless you just want a tamped,slightly rippled finish.

Sponsored Links
ha ha....

Had a idea that i would do the bottom 3/4 rough, then let it set. Then do the top bit smooth to allow the kids to write there names in it etc allowing it not to effect it.

I was thinking of maybe a plank, or some plywood supported by breeze block to keep the concrete back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back