ADVICE PLEASE - What do i need for a 600m drawer/Door kitchen unit ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have 600m wide kitchen unit and it has a full size door on it.

I want to convert it into a small drawer for cutlery and a bottom door, this is what i need drawer and door front.

http://www.diy.com/departments/it-k...00mm-set-of-1-door-1-drawer-pack/37508_BQ.prd

I am confused as what i need in order to fit the drawer part (i presume the door will fit easily in the predrilled holes in the existing base unit).

Can anyone advise please ?

I would prefer to purchase of Ebay if it is cheaper.......

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You need a drawer box, and fit it into your cabinet, then fit the drawer front onto it. I'm pretty sure the IT range from B&Q are only available in 500mm width drawers, and in a set of three, so you night need to customise a 600mm drawer box from another range. The bottom cupboard door might fit your pre-drilled fitting holes, but they might not if they're from a different range/manufacturer.

You need a drawer box, and fit it into your cabinet, then fit the drawer front onto it. I'm pretty sure the IT range from B&Q are only available in 500mm width drawers, and in a set of three, so you night need to customise a 600mm drawer box from another range. The bottom cupboard door might fit your pre-drilled fitting holes, but they might not if they're from a different range/manufacturer.

Thanks for reply, i can fit a 500mm unit no problem and BQ sell the 500mm front, i do not want a three drawer set just one door/one drawer as in this 500mm set then -

http://www.diy.com/departments/it-k...00mm-set-of-1-door-1-drawer-pack/37550_BQ.prd

I understand i need a 'drawer box' that will not be 500mm wide but how do i know what height to get ?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
The drawer boxes are shorter in height than the drawer front, so you can move the drawer front about to suit.

In theory yes, but bear in mind that some cabinets are made from different thicknesses of wood. I'm pretty sure B&Q IT Range cabinets are made with 18mm wood and therefore a 500mm cabinet will have an internal width of (500 - 18 - 18 =) 464mm, so their drawer will suit that 464mm. However different cabinets might be made of 20mm wood so the internal width would be 4mm narrower. Thus a drawer from a different manufacturer might not fit - it'll be close, but no cigar. If it's any help for identification, the B&Q cabinets used to have a coffee bean pattern inside them, I've no idea if they still do. Or measure the internal width of your 500mm cabinet against one in B&Q's showroom.

In theory yes, but bear in mind that some cabinets are made from different thicknesses of wood. I'm pretty sure B&Q IT Range cabinets are made with 18mm wood and therefore a 500mm cabinet will have an internal width of (500 - 18 - 18 =) 464mm, so their drawer will suit that 464mm. However different cabinets might be made of 20mm wood so the internal width would be 4mm narrower. Thus a drawer from a different manufacturer might not fit - it'll be close, but no cigar. If it's any help for identification, the B&Q cabinets used to have a coffee bean pattern inside them, I've no idea if they still do. Or measure the internal width of your 500mm cabinet against one in B&Q's showroom.

Thanks, i did notice that, but only via searching on Ebay...

The base units are 18mm (not BQ ones), i measured them so i presume above would be ok..

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back