Advice Re Boiler and Location

Sponsored Links
Maidstone in Kent.

I've just spoken to an engineer but he can't go out till Thursday. I can't leave it that long on my tenants. Still trying.

Sponsored Links
It's a pity that your existing cylinder doesn't seem to have a boss for an immersion heater. The green-foam insulation cylinder is not very old (maybe 15 years or so). It would save a lot of trouble and inconvenience if there was one, especially at this time of year when central heating is not required.

It's a pity that your existing cylinder doesn't seem to have a boss for an immersion heater. The green-foam insulation cylinder is not very old (maybe 15 years or so). It would save a lot of trouble and inconvenience if there was one, especially at this time of year when central heating is not required.

Pleased to say it is all sorted. Drove 230 miles last night. Picked up my nephew who is very familiar with sorting problems and repairs. The tank wasn't drained down at all - there was just a bit of a blockage and air in the system.

There is a Boss for an immersion heater. I've arranged to go back at thea end of next month with my nephew and a sparky so that the element can be fitted and a new spur run. We bought the new thermostat but wiring is a bit different so, sparky will do that next month too. So pleased my tenants have hot water now.

great news

sounds like quicker, easier and cheaper than it seemed at first. And you'll have a fallback in case of a boiler problem in future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back