Advice re replacing grid dimmer switch please

Sponsored Links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Morrison

and yes, I am most definitely female!

Just gone through all paperwork again. No mention of transformers. I bought everything for the new fit myself - except transformers, cables and switches! I have ordered a replacement (identical) dimmer switch online on the assumption that he fitted the correct one originally. As I said before, the lights have been fine and the only prob is with the jammed pop in/out bit. It appears they are only guaranteed for 1 year. Thanks for your helpful comments.

Amelia

Sponsored Links
In trouble...............

Finally managed to get the old switch out. Have got the new one in place but it doesn't work. No fan or lights. Any ideas? The new switch does not have the metal piece on it but everything else the same.

Old one in situ and with knob and cover removed afterwards

New one in situ

I think I WILL have to call electrician. He will be very cross with me :oops:

Ignore last post. Realised that the positions on the new switch C L1 L2 are in different order!

Swapped round and all working well. Romantic though it may seem, I much prefer having a shower under my lovely downlights.

Thanks for listening.

Amelia

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back