Advice: Replacement Options Sterling 10?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I installed a Pyronix Sterling 10, 15yrs ago, which has been a great piece kit however the key pad is on it's way out. I've done a little research and not been able to source a new keypad (not sure I want to get a used pad). I am after some advice on what are what you guys would suggest as good replacement, I also want to add some remote monitoring to allow me to set/reset etc...
Current setup (all wired):
8 x PIR
6 x Zones
1 x Panic Button
1 x Siren
1 x LCD Keypad

If you need additional information to support, just let me know.

All help is appreciated, It'll be good to make an informed decision based on the collective experience.

Thanks in advance

Sanj

Sponsored Links
Manufacturers with app services are Risco Agility,Pyronix Euro series and Texecom
All the above controls are good,but the app services are not 100% and some are worse than others. So choose very carefully.

Sponsored Links
Not forgetting Honeywell Galaxy.

When you say 8 PIR, 6 Zones, do you mean contacts on the zones? So, 15 zones with the PA on a zone too.

The Galaxy 2-20 twenty zone panel, with RIO 8 zone expander, LCE IP module, 12v 7ah battery and MK7 keyprox will be the cheapest option for a reliable brand system at under £200.

A 12 zone panel will do then. It's not a good idea to combine sensors on zones, as it makes future fault finding of problematic sensors much more difficult.

It wouldn't by any chance be the Castle Care tech EUR-064 keypad by any chancethat you're after - I know you're reluctant to go used, but I've got 2 used ones in my box of stuff

With that LCE IP module, will that enable the remote arm/disarm? Would I need need any other appropriate app/subscription etc?

The LCE module enables remote keypad directly connecting to the panel and giving all the control you get from the keypad, so no external service is required for that. If you want optional self monitoring, with SMS voice and line path checking, that's available for £1 a month from www.Selfmon.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back