Advice wanted, condensation on underside of felt in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've recently moved into a 5 year old, semi-detached house (just after christmas).

I've moved alsorts of stuff into the loft on several occassions since moving in, and it's always seemed perfectly dry, however, today I went up once more to put some boxes up there and the underside of the felt (breathable) was absolutely covered in condensation.

All the flattened cardboard boxes I'd been storing up there were wet, and you could actually see where drops of water had dropped onto the rockwool - it's really quite wet to the touch, I heard at least ten drops and I was only there a couple of minutes.

The roof has Marley Moderns, or Calderdales on, and has eight vented tiles, four of them about 4/5 course above the eaves, and the other four just below ridge level. It also has vented ridges (dry-fix).

The only thing I can think of that is causing this is that the roof is covered in snow (apart from around the vented tiles), so the extreme cold weather is what's causing the excess condensation - is this possible? I've never heard of it before but I can't think of any other explanation and just wanted a few professional theories!

Thanks for your help in advance,
Curtis[/i][/b]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back