Condensation or leak in loft?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Since moving into my house last year I’ve had a constant problem in the colder months with my felt being wet through on the underside and droplets of water dripping onto my insulation. I have had a gable vent fitted, lap vents installed, ridge vent fitted and the house already has vents in the eaves!
I can’t understand how this could still be condensation with this much ventilation.
I have noticed that my ridge tiles need re-bedding could this be cause? Might sound like a stupid question but I have read that loose ridge tiles don’t tend to cause this type of moisture.
Everything in the loft is getting wet and ruined so any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0709.jpeg
    IMG_0709.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0705.jpeg
    IMG_0705.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0704.jpeg
    IMG_0704.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
Usual culprits are drying washing on rads . No extraction when showers running , poor seal round loft opening ,

Thanks for the reply,
Weird one because I’ve sealed around the loft hatch, always use extractor fan when cooking and recently fitted new extractor in bathroom. I’ve even sealed all entry holes into the loft.
I feel like I’ve tried everything but the issue has only got marginally better

Hi,
Since moving into my house last year I’ve had a constant problem in the colder months with my felt being wet through on the underside and droplets of water dripping onto my insulation. I have had a gable vent fitted, lap vents installed, ridge vent fitted and the house already has vents in the eaves!
I can’t understand how this could still be condensation with this much ventilation.
I have noticed that my ridge tiles need re-bedding could this be cause? Might sound like a stupid question but I have read that loose ridge tiles don’t tend to cause this type of moisture.
Everything in the loft is getting wet and ruined so any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance!
If it's bone dry in there during a Summer storm - then it's condensation, all day.

Sponsored Links
Condensation forms from warm air meeting cold surface. If you stop warm air getting to the loft, there is less chance of condensation. Too much venting drops the temperature on the felts.

Im starting to think it is condensation. Just struggling to think of anything else I can do to lower the moisture levels

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back