Advise on a concrete block outbuilding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a single skin 4" concrete block building in my garden built by the last occupier.

He has flat roofed the building and put a concrete floor in. Its in good shape has lighting and electric points and has been used as a large workshop.

No wet seems to get in but plants get under the flat roof facia and pop though the exposed joists.

I want to make this into an nice office space, starting by boarding the ceiling and walls. I am not sure which is the best method to do this.

I don't want to build an internal wall, so i am looking at some sort of baton/insulation and baord. I am not sure what to avoid when constrcuting this. I think i need to use treated batons, as they will be attached to an exteranl wall.

I also see that you can buy insulated p/board,

Another option seems to be using 4x2 and some sort of rockwool.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

The second job is to put in a floor. He has concreted the floor and he has put in a DPM. Could i just use treated batons and T&G chipboard flooring over the top

I will probably put an electric timed radiator in here to warm the room.

Cheers

Andy

Sponsored Links
you can cocoon yourself completely in rigid cellotex or kinspan type insulation, floor walls and ceiling if you wish.

you can dot & dab the walls with inso' backed boards. you can lay a floating floor directly on top of rigid inso' boards and polythene.

basically the better and thicker the polythene/insulation/board thickness/wall thickness, the better suited the building is going to be for habitation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back