Advise on Texecom elite programming for shed pls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Premier Elite 24 fully working for 12+ months but I've just experienced a problem in the programming I think.

The system is in my house, 1 proxy keypad and I also have 2 sheds (on one zone using magnetic contacts) programmed as a 24 hour zone, this has worked well as when I need access to enter the sheds (rarely maybe once a week) I just omit the 24 hour zone and then reinstate it when finished.

The wife has managed to pull the door off one of the sheds (whilst the zone was omitted) so until I can repair the door it will have to stay omitted, not a problem I thought. When I full set the system and go to work the sheds stay omitted but when I get home and unset using a tag the system unarms but also re-instates the 24 hour zone thus setting of the internal sounder (and also the 3rd party gsm dialler) this is a problem.

Can this behaviour be changed or is there a better way of programming a zone you always want to be armed? I don't really want the expense of another keypad near the sheds. I'm thinking of the easiest way to use for other family members, thanks.

Sponsored Links
program them as guard and have them on a different area, you can set the arming mode to timed or instant for the sheds on say area B.

then you can have a separate code, or when you come to set you select the area when arming, if you have quick arm turned on for he keypad you'll probably struggle to do that, as it will arm the areas assigned to the keypad.

cheers, yes I do have quick arm turned on for the keypad as I was trying to make it as simple as possible for the family.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back