Advise on where to begin when replacing tiles in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed that some of the tiles in my shower cubicle looked a little loose. This problem has got progressively worse and the area is getting damp and more tiles are looking loose, basically I know I need to get this fixed and quickly. The problem is I do not know where to start? I want to keep the bathroom suite but replace all of the wall and floor tiles and the shower and shower cubicle. I am guessing that when I take the tiles off the walls that most of the plasterboard will come away too – will I need to get a plasterer to replace the plasterboard in order to re tile the walls? Will I need a plumber, Tiler and plasterer in order to replace my bathroom – I’m quite concerned about cost but I don’t have anyone that can help out. Thanks for you advise in advance

Sponsored Links
You can replace the plasterboard with plasterboard but that'll need tanking as its in a shower cubical. This will make the new platerboard resistant to water. Ideally though you can use aqua panel or (and it may cause a few arguments on here) aqua panel with a tanking product - although the dabte is open on that one.

It depends on what shower you are fitting. Are you thinking of replacing like for like? Is it an electric shower? If so are you upgrading the kw?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back