Ideas on where to tile to regarding shower area perimeter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thought I may get some ideas here......I want to tile just the shower area within the bathroom and wondered where to finish the tiles in regard to the shower cubicle sides, I have seen showers tiled to the width of the tray but this leaves an inch or so showing on the outside of the cubicle (does not look too nice).

If you do not have the tiles showing on the outside then how do you seal the cubicle.

Any ideas on having this look neater from outside the cubicle would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Thought I may get some ideas here......I want to tile just the shower area within the bathroom and wondered where to finish the tiles in regard to the shower cubicle sides
I generally aim to have between 50mm and 100mm beyond the shower enclosure.

I have seen showers tiled to the width of the tray but this leaves an inch or so showing on the outside of the cubicle (does not look too nice).
What's not too nice about it? :confused:

If you do not have the tiles showing on the outside then how do you seal the cubicle.
Surely you're not hoping to finish the tiles somewhere behind the upright of the enclosure? If you did that then you'd have trouble drilling the tiles without breaking the edge off.

Without wishing to be personal, you seem to have some crazy ideas about what is practical and what looks nice/nasty.

If you don't like seeing the tile edges, then either:

a) use tile trim;
or
b) tile all the way to the nearest room corner or door architrave.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back