Tiling between wall tiles and shower base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower with existing wall tiles in good condition and a resin stone base set on concrete so it is not flexible. I have used silicone to seal the base to wall tiles but find it doesn't last well. In addition on one side of the tray there is a horizontal gap about 1 inch, because of the size of the existing cubicle(not a proprietary cubicle). My idea is to get quadrant tiles to set around the base perimeter, and grout with a good quality waterproof grout. Is it possible to get such quadrant tiles, ie about 1 inch thickness, with a concave surface to shed water effectively? They would have a shape similar to the quadrant pine beading you find in DIY shops.

Any info on suppliers would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Firstly bear in mind that all stated waterproof adhesives and grouts are NOT waterproof!. They are water resistant i.e they do not deteriate when subject to showers etc. In short water will pass through them and your walls and will still get wet. On a good note though Topps sell ceramic bath edge quadrant type tiles made by H & R Johnsons tiles in stoke and they are about an inch in height and come in several colours.

Firstly bear in mind that all stated waterproof adhesives and grouts are NOT waterproof!. They are water resistant i.e they do not deteriate when subject to showers etc. In short water will pass through them and your walls and will still get wet. On a good note though Topps sell ceramic bath edge quadrant type tiles made by H & R Johnsons tiles in stoke and they are about an inch in height and come in several colours.

Thanks for advice, I thought "waterproof" meant it, but "water resistant" would be a better description. I suppose epoxy grout may be actually waterproof? But then that is difficult to use as it suddenly goes off. Will have a look at the tiles you mention.

Sponsored Links
It is misleading and the only way is to tanked your shower area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back