Quadrant shower tray and enclosure .

Does it look/feel like concrete on the back or does it look like an old sack?
WTF are you on about, if you cannot give a reasonable answer to a valid question l suggest you dont say anything at all....
You obviously didn’t seem to be able to understand Tictics attempts at good advice & you’ve just confirmed your previous posts how stupid you really are. I wasn’t actually taking the p**s, I was trying to establish for certain what type of tray you have as you don’t seem to be able to tell the difference between stone resin & GRP; if not using the legs, it makes a difference how you bed it. One way telling is what the tray looks like on the under side but you can GFY now. If you can’t understand basic information, your attempts at refurbishment will in all probability lead to catastrophic failure & you deserve it; you moron. :rolleyes:
What a dickhead, l can imagine you are somekind of computerv geek who has'nt a clue what they are on about...Take a hike moron l'll get the job done and you'll just keep on using your right hand...moron

Sponsored Links
ray316
call the mfr of 'said 'tray and get info from them..

rich....
Tictics 'ATTEMPTS AT GOOD ADVICE'.....come on watch what your typing there bud.... :LOL: :LOL: ;)

rich....
Tictics 'ATTEMPTS AT GOOD ADVICE'.....come on watch what your typing there bud.... :LOL: :LOL: ;)
There was no slant intended by it; looks like it would have been better if I'd left it to you anyway :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi have read all I can find on fitting a shower tray and still confused.
I have an offset quadrant tray 760 X900 supplied with legs and strip of plastic (?) to cover gap. Been read ing stuff about mortar mix and sealants to "bed" tray? fitting onto floor boards covered with hard board. Can't I just fit legs level and start tiling?
Obviously Beginner DIYer .

always tile down to tray,leave 2-3mm gap, then run a good silicone around this area after you have grouted and sealed your tiles .(if tiles need sealed).
fit door/enclosure run silicone down inside of this to.

for mortar you can use sand/cement or a bagged flexible floor adhesive,spread "all over" the area for tray,fix try ontop using a spirit level.
dont dot and dab it, will cause stress point in tray leading to problems.

call your tray mfr for info mate,before proceeding.

surely you only silicone the outside of any enclosure....;

always tile down to tray,leave 2-3mm gap, then run a good silicone around this area after you have grouted and sealed your tiles .(if tiles need sealed).
fit door/enclosure run silicone down inside of this to.

for mortar you can use sand/cement or a bagged flexible floor adhesive,spread "all over" the area for tray,fix try ontop using a spirit level.
dont dot and dab it, will cause stress point in tray leading to problems.

call your tray mfr for info mate,before proceeding.

surely you only silicone the outside of any enclosure....;
Apart form the fact this is a dead & buried, 8 month old thread that has been hijacked by someone who can’t be bothered to start their own, why on earth do you say that :eek: Water is coming from inside, the very last place you want it getting is inside the shower frame where it will mould, fester create all sorts of nasties & stink to high heaven; if anything you only seal down the inside & leave the outside open so any moisture that does get in has somewhere to escape. You should also silicone around the tray & down the adjacent wall corners not grout.

Sorry that would be my fault. My first posting ( my husband posted our other question 12 months ago) and I didn't know the system. I'll do it again with a new topic hope that's right. :cry:

Sorry that would be my fault. My first posting ( my husband posted our other question 12 months ago) and I didn't know the system. I'll do it again with a new topic hope that's right. :cry:
So is your husband Ray 316?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back