AEG 7000 Washer Dryer, Dryer not heating up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dryer isn't heating, I've stuck my fingers up the metal chute from inside the machine but can't feel any blockage, haven't gone so far as to remove the bar across the machine and take anything apart as there are springs attached and I didn't want to break anything.

Fv0B84g.jpg

The motor spins up, the plastic star spins round.

zHO5EXa.jpg

I'm familiar with the washing machine heating element, this looks similar with it's connections - so I wonder if this is the dryer heating element.

g1Ef2pF.jpg

I cannot feel any notable warmth putting my hand on the metal area whilst it's turned on (i used a voltage testing pen to check it was safe)

Does the heating element need replacing? any help with getting the right component?

Thanks

BRTQ7DD.jpg

Sponsored Links
Please don’t use a voltage pen to ensure it’s safe. As for the element, if you have a multimeter, you can try testing the resistance value.

Please don’t use a voltage pen to ensure it’s safe. As for the element, if you have a multimeter, you can try testing the resistance value.

thanks, i don't have one but i see i can pick up one for £8 from screwfix - so with the machine off from the mains, i touch the points where there is a grey and blue wire in bottom right of the close up photo? if 0hms there is no continuity and broke?

Sponsored Links
Yes, but also disconnect the wires, and test the element. Yes, if no resistance and the reading is OL, then kerput element.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back