AEG Competence Double Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an AEG Competence double oven. The ovens have drop down doors and on the oven itself there is a seal where the door comes up and closes.

I opened the door of the top oven and found the seal broken at the top and still fixed at the side and bottom but hanging off in two bits at the top. The seal appears to be corroded.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
JDL

Sponsored Links
Change the door seal.....
To find out which part number the seal has you need post the PNC number on the identity plate.

Change the door seal.....
To find out which part number the seal has you need post the PNC number on the identity plate.

Thanks. Haven't been able to find the identity plate?

EDIT: Have now found identity plate but which is the PNC number please?

Competence 5308 B-W
Type 56 EIL 29 GD
KD 611.577 925-014/356652
Made in Germany

Which kind of tradesman would do that work?

Have been quoted call out fees of over £100 plus hourly rate.

Very many thanks for help

JDL

There should be a sticker somewhere in the door opening of the main oven, they are sometimes difficult to spot. Open the door & take a peek, the PNC number usually begins with 9 & can have 8, 9, or sometimes even 11 digits. Any domestic appliance engineer will be able to sort this out, if you have been quoted £100 you must have spoken to one already. You don't need a degree in domestic appliance repair to change a door seal....just a PNC number to identify the part.

EDIT: Forget the above...the PNC number should be 944183021.
This is your seal http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=8996619143176.

Sponsored Links
There should be a sticker somewhere in the door opening of the main oven, they are sometimes difficult to spot. Open the door & take a peek, the PNC number usually begins with 9 & can have 8, 9, or sometimes even 11 digits. Any domestic appliance engineer will be able to sort this out, if you have been quoted £100 you must have spoken to one already. You don't need a degree in domestic appliance repair to change a door seal....just a PNC number to identify the part.

EDIT: Forget the above...the PNC number should be 944183021.
This is your seal http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=8996619143176.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Sorry I did not make it clear that I edited my previous message to say that I had found the identity plate and listed the numbers but the plate does not have a PNC number.

Thank you for the link. That seal is for the main oven and mine is the upper oven which is much smaller but I could not immediately see the correct spare from your numbers. Could you please help?

Thanks again for help.

JDL

http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=8996619143887

Very many thanks. I had not realised the fitting is so simple. It looks like it's been stuck down with fireproof glue but now I can see it isn't.

We do have a lot of trouble with cowboy tradesmen here which is a bit offputting.

Thanks again for terrific help.

JDL

Hello zipper

Thanks for the other part number.

I've noticed that the seal in the main oven is saggy and hanging down in the middle at the top.

Is there anything to be done about that please?

JDL

Hello zipper

Thanks for the other part number.

I've noticed that the seal in the main oven is saggy and hanging down in the middle at the top.

Is there anything to be done about that please?

JDL

Hello zipper

Is there any reply please?

Can it be adjusted or is it OK to leave it? Should I buy another one in which case I would buy the two together?

Thanks for help.

JDL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back