AEG Hob asking for h03v2v2-f

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm installing my new AEG Hob and have it on a dedicated 32A RCBO and 6mm2 T+E cable. However the manual is asking for H03v2v2-f cable that is rated upto 90c? I'm temporarily installing the hob for now whilst we wait for our counter top templating and installation, so in the meantime assuming the 6mm2 cable is fine, can I just connect that to the appliance or do I need a DP switch in between?

Sponsored Links
I'm installing my new AEG Hob and have it on a dedicated 32A RCBO and 6mm2 T+E cable. However the manual is asking for H03v2v2-f cable that is rated upto 90c?
Only between the wall and hob.

I'm temporarily installing the hob for now whilst we wait for our counter top templating and installation, so in the meantime assuming the 6mm2 cable is fine,
Yes, it will be temporarily but lots of people have it longer than that.

can I just connect that to the appliance or do I need a DP switch in between?
You don't have to have a switch -

but if you did you could use the flex.

Thank you for the advice. Can I please confirm that if I chose to leave it permanently wired with the 6mm2 that it would be perfectly fine?

Also if I did use flex from the DP switch to the appliances, is there a particular size I should use?

Thank you for the advice. Can I please confirm that if I chose to leave it permanently wired with the 6mm2 that it would be perfectly fine?
All I can say is lots of people do.
Is there an oven under the hob?

Also if I did use flex from the DP switch to the appliances, is there a particular size I should use?
4mm².

Sponsored Links
Thanks. No oven on this circuit, I had a new circuit put in for the new oven going in.

Can I also please confirm that it is best practice or advisable to crimp the conductors using a crimp connector and attach those to the appliance?

Perhaps if you crimp properly (not with squash flat rubbish) - but not essential.

You cannot crimp the solid cores in T&E (with equipment that people usually have to hand).

I was forgetting the size.

Of course 4mm² and 6mm² T&E have stranded wires (except the 4mm² CPC(earth wire)).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back