aeg integrated wash/dyer drum stuck belt snapped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
integrated washer dryer L14710 today i noticed the drum did not go round when i got my washing out

dad has had a look and the belt has snapped

Q1 how do you get to the back of the machine to replace belt??

also, dad worried as drum is so stiff

Q2 how do you get to the drum? what could it be

machine only 2 years old but not under warranty and was nearly a grand!!!

HELPPPPPP

Sponsored Links
Has your Dad actually looked in the top/back of the machine to see if the belt has come off?

If the belt comes off the drum would usually spin very fast and freely.

yes, Dad took top off machine and we saw the broken belt. we fished it out!!

but the drum is still stiff................

as its integrated it looks hard to get into aswell

I can only think something has got stuck in between the inner drum and outer drum if the drum is stiff to turn. Does it make any noise when you turn it?

There should be a back panel you can take off. If not look down the side of the machine. If it has a split down the middle it may be a model where the outer shell of the machine splits in two. There will be some bolts hidden behind some plastic disks.

Obviously remember to unplug the machine and make sure the water pipes and outlet pipe are long enough when you pull the machine out.

Sponsored Links
great thanks, ill let dad know.

yes the outer casing is split in two

i hope its just something simple!! would that cause the belt to snap then? something caught in between drum and casing.................

thanks for help so far

ill keep you posted

Check the pulley on the back of the machine.

There may be some of the belt cord wrapped around the pulley, preventing it from turning properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back