AEG Oven - Replaced element but fan and light stays on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We have an AEG U3100-4-M. Like the countless posts on the forum our bottom oven was throwing the cooker RCD when it was turned on. I told my wife only to use the top oven and ordered in a new element.

Before I had a chance to install the element it threw the RCD again, only this time when both ovens were off, which I thought was a little odd. When i isolated the oven using the switch in the kitchen the RCD would stay on.

I fitted the bottom oven element and the oven is now working however the fan and light remain on in the bottom oven despite it being cold. I've also reset the clock as recommended on other posts.

Any ideas as to what I should look at next?

Thanks

N

Sponsored Links
it could be the oven light switch that is either jammed or faulty.
When this switch is pressed inwards by closing the oven door, the lamp is deactivated and vice versa. A faulty switch, could mean the lamp in your oven never goes off.

Thanks for the reply. I had a look around the door but I can't see anything that looks micro switch related, I suspect it's maybe connected to the hinge inside the cooker.

I looked quickly the morning but I'm almost sure the oven was getting warm which suggests the lower oven knob is knackered keeping the circuit open.

It could also explain why it kept throwing the RCD despite being in the off position.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back