AEG washing machine does not fill (pictures attached)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My AEG washing machine does not fill in water when started. I can hear the click-click noise. I have checked the inlet filter is clear and no blocked. After switched off the main and open the lip to see that the noise is coming from a "gadget" nearby the inlet valve. It may be called pressure switch as I gather from reading other posts in this forum.

Also I notice that in the other side there is the waste chamber (bottle) filled with dark color liquid, almost full. there is a tube coming out of the bottle back to soap compartment. Not sure if I need to empty it.

The machine works fine on spin cycle, which I can see in the soap compartment that there are bubbles coming out of the tube from the waste bottle.

I appreciate if any one could help me sort it out.

Many thanks and regards.

Sponsored Links
a picture would help, but this "bottle" tha is full what happens if you empty it / clean it out? it may be that its connected to the pressure switch and your m/c thinks it does have water

what soap powder do you use

Thank you Breezer for you reply.

I used to use areils powder. but last year or so swicthed to use liquid ones.

The top view is below (pic-1)

aeg_top.jpg

As you can see that the grey tube is running from the left to the right as shown above.

The waste bottle on the right is shown below (pic-2)
Not sure how to clean out those accumulated water.

aeg_left.jpg

And the close-up picture of the right side is shown below (pic-3).
This is where the inlet vale (yellow color) and the possible pressure switch is located.

aeg_right.jpg

you see the round orange thing, That is the pressure switch, it also (in your pic) has a black pipe, the black pipe where that connects to is that full of anything? (its the pressure chamber / bannana, you may want to do a search in appliances) if so clean it out, i am not sure what the big bottle does, it looks like it is connected via a grey pipe, but what the grey pipe is connected to / does , i do not know

Sponsored Links
The grey pipe is connected to the soap compartment from the big bottle. This top of the bottle is connected to the drain pipe in the back of the w/m.

The click-click noise is coming from inside of the black box in pic-3 (would this be a PCB box) when I switch on the w/m. It seems to me that this noise is caused by trying to open the water inlet valve.

i have to admit, i havent a clue what "the big bottle" is for (despite your nice pics and wonderfull description. :cry:

vavles hum when they work, not click

The noise is coming from inside the black part of the "dispenser top" as shown below.
This is the same spare part as shown in the pic-3 of my w/m but different color.

aeg_dispenser_top.jpg
--> this side is connected to water inlet valve.

This dispenser-top is fixed to the top of the washing powder compartment.

Do you think if it needs a replacement?

Many thanks,

hard to say :cry: as i am not familar with your brand, but i can only see one input for a valve, doe it only have one valve? / do the valves hum when m/c filling?

yes Breezer. It has only one valve and the inlet valve does not hum when w/m is trying to fill in water.

if you have a look at pic-3, you can see that a single valve(probably called solenoid valve) is connected to the dispenser-top.

It has a yellow electrical plug with brown flat cable which connects back to the middle plug in the dispenser-top. The dispenser-top have three flat cables connected (left is grey/silver cable, middle one is brown cable and right one is brown cable).

May seem a bit basic but are you sure there is water available at the inlet hose??

yes, there is water coming to the back of the washing machine.

I tested it by unscrew the cap of the inlet water pipe and there is water leaking out in the back of w/m. I also turned off the water and checked that the filter is clear of dirt.

As stated before the inlet valve will emit a 50 hz hum when it is activated.
a wooden dowel resing against the valve and held to the ear will enable you to listen for this noise. If there is no hum then if you have a meter you can check the valve for continuity and supply of voltage.
DO NOT attemt this if you are not 100% confident.............
Mains voltages will kill .............

OK. I have opened up the cover (in black color) in the dispenser-top to find that there are three wheels. which I think are used to control the valve during a washing cycle. The pink one gets stuck by the cover. That is why it makes click noises.

wheel.jpg

Without the cover, I switch on the w/m, the wheels operates ad works fine. It fills up w/m with the correct amount of water and will stop the valve.

not sure this means the dispenser-top needs replacement. I can leave the wheels cover open in order to use the w/m.

mayu be the lid has warped over time, or got "gunk in it" if you lave it off it is sure to get gunk

I am still having problem with the w/m, it works initially, but when it comes to re-filling water, the wheels still not working, even with the cover off. So I am still looking for advices :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back