Aerial booster power supply failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Thought someone might be able to help, been having problems with my TV aerial signal since had a conservatory built and TV point installed within. The electrician simply split one of the TV lines and ran it into the conservatory, however, this reduced the signal to all TV's and I was loosing signal to many channels, so I got an aerial installation engineer out yesterday to look at it. He suggested to boost the TV signal, he installed a masthead booster on the outside wall of the house and a power supply in the loft space, the TV aerial comes into the loft space and splits 4 ways, simply use freeview, no sky installed.

Problem is that after we checked all the TV's and the signal was fine, problem fixed! However, I did not use them for the rest of the day, in the evening I watched TV and after about 15 mins when suddenly the TV lost signal, so I went to have a look at the power unit (Version v23 which is a phantom power supply supplying power back through the tv aerial cabling) and it had gone off, when I felt it, it was warm to touch, plugged it back in and the okay light went green, however, about 10 mins later the power unit switched off again, when I initially plugged back in the light on the unit was red, which indicates either a short or overtemperature auto shutoff.

Has anyone experienced this before? My initial thoughts were it will either be a short somewhere or a faulty power unit?

Cheers

Rich

Sponsored Links
Yes, it will be a short somewhere or a faulty power supply unit. Get the installer back to sort it out. You paid him for a working system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back