Aerial Splitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm in the middle of running new coxial cables to my 4 TV's.

All the splitters i've used in the past / i've seen in the shop for standard aerial connections are plastic, but i've seen splitters for 'F' type connectors, so was wondering if it was possible to:

Use a 4 Way Splitter with 'F' Type Connections, In the loft fit my incoming signal from my Aerial and my connections going to the 4 tv's with 'F' type connectors, then at the end where the cable goes to the tv, fit a standard aerial connectors.

If anyone can help with this matter, i would be very much apprechiated. But if it is not possible to do this, where can i get quality 'belling-lee' splitters.

Many thanks in advance

Tom

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

So use the 'F' Type connector at both end's ?

Thanks for the link, i'll order some of them.

If i had to fit a standard Connector at the tv end, and a 'F' type connector in the loft, would this still work ??

Thankyou

Yes, its only a connector, just make sure its clean and tight.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link, i'll order some of them.
:eek:
Oh I do hope you haven't ordered those adapters for use with the cheap plastic Y splitters???

If you are going to use a splitter then at least get some of the proper shielded jobs that look like this
42377548.jpg
or this
Default.aspx

Splitting is fine if you have a really strong signal. TBH though I agree with Sam Gangee. I'd never recommend my customers to use splitters for so many connections. You would be much safer doing a 4-way split with a powered amp. The cost won't be that much different to using all those splitters, and the results are more likely to be positive.

I sell a decent branded 4-way amp with a remote power supply for around £25 with the VAT, so not a fortune. Most of the online retailers charge a bit more, and I suppose that is to do with having to accept returns from novices buying the wrong thing...lol...but still affordable.

All the connections are by F-Type. Strictly speaking that is better electrically than Belling plugs but the difference isn't huge. It is better for robustness though.

If you want something sorting out then I or one of the other aerial pros here could probably supply you. It would save you a lot of grief in the long run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back