freeview problems!!

thats good glad it was easy and just a fiver and no weekly trips to the library lol been a pleasure :LOL:

Sponsored Links
(1) No such thing as a digital aerial there are wide band and narrow band and the latter may not receive all channels in some areas. However narrow band are smaller for same gain as wide band so have less wind resistance so are the preferred if wide band is not required.
(2) Any non active (not powered) splitter will reduce the signal and once it becomes too weak then you can't boost it. (Rubbish in boosted is just more rubbish out) so any boosting must be done before any splitter and as close to aerial as possible.
(3) In many areas the signal will change in next few weeks so better to wait a few weeks before spending money as it may be cured anyway.

Glad all fixed and sorry I was too late to help you. Really annoys me this digital aerial lark even commercial web sites have started calling them digital aerials and I have the same aerial for all modes and as a amateur radio licensed person I receive and transmit in many modes and only the frequency and power matters the mode has nothing to do with aerial.

Hi thanks for the info. Its funny, if there was an electrical problem or a plumbing problem there would be clear solutions... but ive searched the internet and spoken to a few people and theres so much sketchy information about 'tv aerials', 'digital aerials' and 'signal boosters' etc etc..

Got there in the end with only the cost of a booster and some connections (£25 all in, not too bad). Thanks for clearing it up for me tho, its relatively straightforward really If it wasnt sugar-coated in jargon.

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back