aerosol mishap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
paid a visit to purchase some lengths of 5x2" from our local b/m

went to the back of the drivers seat to get a bit of rope to tie the wood onto the roofrack of the van.

the rope snagged onto something unseen behind the seat

i pulled harder and could hear an ominous whirring noise followed by an earpiercing hiss, then a large can of bright yellow line marking aerosol paint came spinning out from behind the seat spewing bright yellow propellant onto everything within a 3 metre radius including me the wind screen the seats and on exiting the vehicle on its demented travels proceeded to redecorate the brand new car park in the builders merchants before exhausting its contents and coming to rest around 30ft away wtf :eek:

turns out i snagged the trigger of the makita drill which had a philips bit attached which in turn drilled through the skin of the full aerosoll container sending it on its trail of vandalism.

i'm a bit worried about going back to my local bm now as they now have a lovely new car park which is covered in long swirly streaks of yellow paint.
i cant deny knowledge either as i now have yellow boots, windscreen and van door.........gulp...... :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Never mind Alastair. :rolleyes: just follow the yellow brick road. :LOL:

Roughcaster.

lol that was yesterday! i sent one of the guys down today on a reccie to see if i was a suspect :confused: it was all quiet.........too quiet........i think they know :oops: .

if i ever pluck up the courage to go back in i will try and grab a couple of piccies........apparently a lorry ran through it when i scarpered and you can now see it from space.......5hit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this, I had a crap afternoon now I have tears rolling down my face.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back