Kids born in the 40's - 70's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CONGRATULATIONS to anyone born in the 40's - 70's - it's amazing how we survived! :)

- We were born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us.

- They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a tin, and didn't get tested for diabetes

- Our baby cots were covered with bright colored lead-based paints

- We didn't have childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets

- We rode our bikes without helmets

- We would hitchhike

- We rode cars with no seat belts or air bags

- We rode on the back of tractors and in vans

- We drank water from the garden hosepipe and NOT from a bottle

- We ate worms and other articles found on the ground

- We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle

- We ate cakes, white bread, real butter, sweets and drank fizzy drinks with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because...... WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

- We would leave home in the morning and play OUTSIDE all day

- No one was able to reach us all day. BUT we were O.K.

- We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into
the bushes, walls, parked cars, etc a few times,we learned to solve the problem .

- We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no hundreds channels on TV, no videos, no dvds, no surround sound, no mobile phones, no text messaging, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

- We fell EVERYWHERE, got cut, broke bones and teeth andwe didn't look for someone to sue.

- We played with worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

- We played with sticks and although we were told it would happen, we did not poke out any eyes.

- We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

- Local teams had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

- The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.
They actually sided with the law!

- We TOOK RISKS. This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever! The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas

- We respected people older than us

- We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

- We could eat cows

- We could go into hospital without fear of coming out with more infections/diseases than we went in with

Sponsored Links
Gary_M said:
...it's amazing how we survived! :)
Oh whoop-de-doo.

Some of us weren't so lucky and are destined to walk the Earth for eternity, pausing only briefly and pointlessly to play five-a-side with those foppish Nosferatu morons. And they puncture the ball every bleedin' time. :rolleyes:

so......

THAT's why I 'm so bitter!!!

Thanks for the memories.

;)

:LOL: :LOL: :cry:

Sponsored Links
I used to go round with an old kitchen knife in my hand (Try that today!) and peel the old spearmint up of the floor to eat :oops: me and my sis, comparing different flavours! :oops: It had been walked on, probarbly dog sh*t, drunks spewed on it, etc and were still here, not got as many teeth though cos of the stones in it! :D

Reminiscence Therapy for you libby ;)

151297185_dbe4070b7f_m.jpg

TheZombieMan said:
Oh whoop-de-doo.

Some of us weren't so lucky and are destined to walk the Earth for eternity, pausing only briefly and pointlessly to play five-a-side with those foppish Nosferatu morons. And they puncture the ball every bleedin' time. :rolleyes:

TheZombieMan, what a load of over analytical claptrap. I think what you meant to say was:-

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh........... "

keyplayer
exactly , at least when I write rubbish here its not pretentious tripe ....lol

Moz...bless you....no one can accuse you of being pretentious!

:LOL:

1960's great decade to be born. oh to be fortysomething. the wifes just uploaded the photos of my 40th fancy dress onto the comp' don't know if i'm brave enough to show you lot though. :eek: :D

noseall said:
... the wifes just uploaded the photos of my 40th fancy dress onto the comp' don't know if i'm brave enough to show you lot though. :eek: :D

Oh, go on - think of it as an early Christmas pressie for everyone here ;)

If it helps, I promise not to laugh :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back