African American

Simple question, would you be happy with an organisation that promoted white music.
Or MOWO instead of MOBO.
Or, would you be happy with an organisation that excluded black music?

I, not being interested in most types of popular music, would certainly be happy with it.

Does MOBO include 'Rap'? You know, that 'music' where the singer doesn't (can't?) actually sing! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You are still avoiding my earlier question on the subject.

Not avoiding, just ignoring. I don't have to answer you you know!

No you don't have to answer me. But trying to back up your confused thinking with some kind of rationale, however ridiculous, would at least provide a light-hearted moment of entertainment for others.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Simple question, would you be happy with an organisation that promoted white music.
Or MOWO instead of MOBO.

I, not being interested in most types of popular music, would certainly be happy with it.

Does MOBO include 'Rap'? You know, that 'music' where the singer doesn't (can't?) actually sing! :LOL:

Nothing worse than white celebrities trying to rap :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Or MOWO instead of MOBO.

The term "Black, (or white), music" is too ambiguous, don't you think. It isn't clear whether it refers to the music origin, or the performers.
Whereas "music of black (or white, or Australian, Icelandic, Chinese, etc) origin" is not ambiguous. It clearly refers to the origin of the music and the ethnicity of the performer is irrelevant.
Same as Choral music, which is quite umambiguously music of an ensemble of singers. The ethnicity, or any other attributes, apart from the musical and vocal ability, of the singers is irrelevant.

Stylistically, rap occupies a gray area between speech, prose, poetry, and singing.
Wikipedia.
You could have increased your own awareness if you'd looked it up yourself.

I want to know why its ok to have a Scottish nationalist party but not a British nationalist party, not that i belong to either just seems unbalanced to me.

Have the BNP been banned then?
Excellent observation, as usual, Micilin. http://www.bnp.org.uk/ They're obviously very much alive and kicking.

You see, noseall, General Discussion forum does serve a purpose, it's educational, occasionally:
I suppose that "Music of White Origin" would encompass about 99.9% of all Western music………………………

Or MOWO instead of MOBO.

Stylistically, rap occupies a gray area between speech, prose, poetry, and singing.
Wikipedia.

I wouldn't say that singing even enters into the equation.

Yes, I could indeed have looked it up myself... had I been interested in doing so.

Whereas "music of black (or white, or Australian, Icelandic, Chinese, etc) origin" is not ambiguous. It clearly refers to the origin of the music and the ethnicity of the performer is irrelevant.
Does that make sense?

That's some impressive mental gymnastics.
I'm sorry you two are so baffled. The concept of referring to the music and not the performer is not difficult.
Is this easier:
"Music of black origin" is not ambiguous. It clearly refers to the origin of the music and the ethnicity of the performer is irrelevant.

Black doesnt refer to ethnicity indeed :LOL:
The ethnicity of the perfomer is irrelevant when playing music of black origin. :rolleyes:
Are you just being silly intentionally?
By your logic, I'd have to be Indian to play a sitar, or an aborigine to play a didgeridoo. :rolleyes:

Wikipedia.

Yes, I could indeed have looked it up myself... had I been interested in doing so.
You may have educated youself, if you could be bothered to do so.
I suspect your original criticism of rapping was just a silly opportunity to make a stupid comment about rapping, which could have been avoided if you'd looked it up first.

Wikipedia.

I suspect your original criticism of rapping was just a silly opportunity to make a stupid comment about rapping, which could have been avoided if you'd looked it up first.

I do keep making these stupid comments, don't I?
If only I had looked it up, I could have avoided looking silly. Oh dear, never mind.

But it seemed to get you quite rattled, didn't it? :mrgreen:

Wikipedia.

I do keep making these stupid comments, don't I?
If only I had looked it up, I could have avoided looking silly. Oh dear, never mind.

But it seemed to get you quite rattled, didn't it? :mrgreen:
Fair play to you for recognising the mistake.
I wasn't rattled but I was flabbergasted by your naivety.
To support my criticisms, and as you accepted your mistake, I'll explain:
Suppose I hold a sack race in a schools sports day. You'll appreciate that in a sack race, running, walking, high jump or long jump is not acceptable as a singular discipline. Because a sack race falls in a grey area between running, walking and jumping.
If I then state that the participants of a sack race do so because they won't (can't) run/walk or jump is ridiculous. You agree?
If they do so they would no longer be described as sack race participants.

Hence a rapper chooses that discipline to express their art, not because they can't participate in other performing art forms, some do. But when they do they are no longer rapping.

Sponsored Links
Back