Racist ? Let's start the ball rolling ...

Sponsored Links
See the thing that gets me about this whole thing is that the theory, or notion of race was created, hundreds, maybe even thousands of years ago to divide people of different cultural backgrounds and geographic locations etc on the few differences between them.

Unfortunately, to this day and probably for a long time to come, (most) humans are still not open minded enough to realise that there are far more similarities between everyone on the planet than there are differences and they choose to focus on the latter.

Sadly i think it would take something like an alien invasion of planet earth for everyone to wake up and realise this.

Last edited:
The origin of classical music is European. The last time I looked the indigenous inhabits of Europe were white.
But the Classical, Folk, Scottish music awards is for the genre, not the artists.
As are the MOBO award, for the genre, not the artists.
You demonstrate your inability to comprehend that with your continued false arguments.
Here we go again the Genre would be Soul Jazz Funk etc. The origin 'could' be black white etc.. a town a city who cares.
You demonstrate yet again the reason you are so limited in understanding is you dont reason what you think. Reread what you’ve said.

Now... the origin of the classic music award matters not. But we won’t award a person playing the Ace of Spades in e minus on a leccy guitar. He would be in the wrong genre because all the music here would be of the classical genre irrespective of origin we don’t need a colour.

see what i did there. We as a colour do not own classical music as we don’t own or have our own history we don’t need to emphasis a colour. We share it as one world.

see what i mean?

insisting europe is indigenous white has got Fock all to do with it that’s as racist as a racist.
As Morgan Freeman said “ once you stop talking about colour it disappears”

Now.. off you go have a think about what you say before you type it. Go on...

Last edited:
Looks like if you don't agree with the BLM bandwagon you are clearly racist.

No other opinions are permitted. Stop it now.

And we thought a life under Corona was bad, the future has suddenly got 100x worse.

Sponsored Links
If a white kid gets stabbed then it's on the front page, makes the national news etc, Jimmy Mizen, Jodie Chesney for example. If a black kid gets stabbed then it's just another 'lawless Britain' kind of snippet.
Maybe it’s because it’s fairly rare for white kids to be stabbed. Let’s be honest, most stabbings are black on black and when something is happening day in, day out, like it or not, it becomes less newsworthy.

Disagree completely....

The origins of that word are derived from latin for the colour black.

The context in and way in which it has been used by light skinned people to degrade and discriminate against dark skinned people over hundreds of years is completely different to the way in which some black people have used the modified pronunciation of the word as a casual remark in more recent times.

That said, i do feel that one of the reasons this word is even 'alive' in this day and age and also the reason that some non black people
incorrectly think its okay to use the term is because of its casual use in rap/hip hop culture/film permeating to more main stream outlets without any real history or explanation on what it might mean depending on who uses the term and who the recipient(s) are.

Might not be your kind of music but listen to the lyrics of this tune......kinda of sums it up for me

Uhoh here we go.. the old you dont understand it routine. Name me a single word exclusive to any other race etc which excludes everyone else and is prohibited from being used by anyone else.

I had this debate with sod not long ago.

Didn’t we use to have classes in race and prohibit others once?

After WW2, the influx of Irish into the inner cities got the abuse, then the Jamaicans. Then in the 70's/80's's the Irish and Jamaicans weren't happy with the Indian and Pakistanis moving in and taking they homes and jobs. Nowadays the Indians and Pakistanis are moaning about (and fighting with) the Eastern Europeans taking over. And that's without the various religions and sects in daily conflict.

But never mind about all that, it's clearly just a black white thang according to BLM.

I'm having to have a serious think about what you are trying to say.

I'm going to have to take your comments line by line to make head or tail of your post.
So please forgive the laborious response.

Here we go again the Genre would be Soul Jazz Funk etc. The origin is black.
Agreed. This is not disputed.
However let's draw the distinction between the origin of the genre, and the origin or ownership of the music.
The genre originated in African American communities. We agree. It's never been disputed, except that I was first to draw the distinction between the genre, and the musicians.
The music belongs to the musicians, whatever ethnicity they are. As you say, their colour is irrelevant.
Therefore the MOBO awards, and all the other musical genre awards are not racist.

You demonstrate yet again the reason you are so limited in understanding is you dont reason what you think. Reread what you’ve said.
:confused:

Now... the origin of the classic music award matters not.
Are you saying, it doesn't matter who thought up the idea of having classical music awards?
I would agree. It doesn't matter who thought up the idea of having any music awards.
If that was not what you meant, please explain, politely.

But we won’t award a person playing the Ace of Spades in e minus on a leccy guitar. He would be in the wrong genre because all the music here would be of the classical genre irrespective of origin
Agreed. Who suggested Ace of Spades was a classical number?
It might be laughed off the stage, masquerading as a classical number.
But I'm confident that a classical version of it could be arranged.
Certainly many previous 'rock' numbers have been arranged for pseudo classical groups.

we don’t need a colour.
Quite! We need a genre, just like MOBO awards is a for a genre, not for black musicians. Therefore it's not racist.

see what i did there. We as a colour do not own classical music as we don’t own or have our own history we don’t need to emphasis a colour. We share it as one world.
No I don't really see what you did there.
Music is owned. Classical music is owned by the composer. Funk, Jazz, etc music is owned by the composer. Although some of it is free of royalties now.
But the genre is not owned by any composer, individual or culture. The origin of it is different from owning it.
Of course we have our own history, but we don't own it.
Just as music is not shared globally (think Indian, SE Asian music being very different to western music, mainly because of the quarter tones), history is not shared globally.
The history from a Southern Irish person's perspective is probably very different to that of the English person.
But I don't see your point in that ramble.

insisting europe is indigenous white has got Fock all to do with it that’s as racist as a racist.
Well Europe is indigenously European. Do you disagree?
If you think that is a racist remark ,you do not understand what racism is.

As Morgan Freeman said “ once you stop talking about colour it disappears”
No it doesn't. If we stop talking about the weather, does it disappear?
It might fade temporarily from the public consciousness, but any number of events will bring it back into focus.

Looks like if you don't agree with the BLM bandwagon you are clearly racist.
There is a nuance (or several nuances) between 'don't agree', 'disagree' and 'oppose'.
Most of the posts on here that do not support the movement are either vehemently opposed to the movement, forcefully disagree with the movement, or emphatically support the movement.
I don't see any posts on here that profess ambiguity or ambivalence. Do you?
Do you not think that those that vehemently oppose or forcefully disagree have covert motives?
If not, I'd like to hear your opinion of why people vehemently oppose or forcefully disagree with the movement.
Let's be clear, we are not talking about violent protest or vandalism. We are just talking about the movement, 'Black Lives Matter'.

Maybe it’s because it’s fairly rare for white kids to be stabbed. Let’s be honest, most stabbings are black on black and when something is happening day in, day out, like it or not, it becomes less newsworthy.
Have you thought that such crimes are a result of poverty caused by structural inequality?

I see you changed your post after I highlighted it and didn't answer the question.
So I will ask another..
Why does being against racism mean someone is a lefty?

I'm against racism and I'm not a lefty. It just so happens I was posting it to a lefty and got confused with another lefty.

Have you thought that such crimes are a result of poverty caused by structural inequality?
No. It’s usually drug dealing related. No poverty there in my view, just greed, turf wars and materialistic needs unless you can provide evidence to the contrary. Maybe it’s just a theory of yours?

Last edited:
After WW2, the influx of Irish into the inner cities got the abuse, then the Jamaicans. Then in the 70's/80's's the Irish and Jamaicans weren't happy with the Indian and Pakistanis moving in and taking they homes and jobs. Nowadays the Indians and Pakistanis are moaning about (and fighting with) the Eastern Europeans taking over. And that's without the various religions and sects in daily conflict.

But never mind about all that, it's clearly just a black white thang according to BLM.

And meanwhile British people are running around trying to make sure everyone is included in every way... but some groups feel excluded or left out, it's not on purpose though
I'm having to have a serious think about what you are trying to say.

I'm going to have to take your comments line by line to make head or tail of your post.
So please forgive the laborious response.

Agreed. This is not disputed.
However let's draw the distinction between the origin of the genre, and the origin or ownership of the music.
The genre originated in African American communities. We agree. It's never been disputed, except that I was first to draw the distinction between the genre, and the musicians.
The music belongs to the musicians, whatever ethnicity they are. As you say, their colour is irrelevant.
Therefore the MOBO awards, and all the other musical genre awards are not racist.

:confused:

Are you saying, it doesn't matter who thought up the idea of having classical music awards?
I would agree. It doesn't matter who thought up the idea of having any music awards.
If that was not what you meant, please explain, politely.

Agreed. Who suggested Ace of Spades was a classical number?
It might be laughed off the stage, masquerading as a classical number.
But I'm confident that a classical version of it could be arranged.
Certainly many previous 'rock' numbers have been arranged for pseudo classical groups.

Quite! We need a genre, just like MOBO awards is a for a genre, not for black musicians. Therefore it's not racist.

No I don't really see what you did there.
Music is owned. Classical music is owned by the composer. Funk, Jazz, etc music is owned by the composer. Although some of it is free of royalties now.
But the genre is not owned by any composer, individual or culture. The origin of it is different from owning it.
Of course we have our own history, but we don't own it.
Just as music is not shared globally (think Indian, SE Asian music being very different to western music, mainly because of the quarter tones), history is not shared globally.
The history from a Southern Irish person's perspective is probably very different to that of the English person.
But I don't see your point in that ramble.

Well Europe is indigenously European. Do you disagree?
If you think that is a racist remark ,you do not understand what racism is.

No it doesn't. If we stop talking about the weather, does it disappear?
It might fade temporarily from the public consciousness, but any number of events will bring it back into focus.
So many flaws in your logic there you're wasting mine and your time ownership isnt legal ownership etc or your choosing to frame your argument to suit your needs.
Moaning on about the weather or just getting on despite and just working with it. Ie working with all colours not only liking the weather when it suits you...omg. no more replies to you, you haven't listened to me.

Sponsored Links
Back