After the flood - creaking and cracks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was flooded about 5 months ago. The integral garage had about 15inches of water in it which came up the stairs to the same depth but didn't affect any living areas. In the last couple of months i've noticed that the upstairs is a lot creakier when walking on it and also some areas downstairs that weren't creaky before. Also there are lots of random cracking noises going on which we didn't hear before. Now I've noticed that over the window in the room above the garage there are cracks to the top/side of the window which weren't there before and also some of the cornicing is cracking in the corners in some rooms upstairs. Is it possible that is because of the flooding. I'm worried about structural problems for the future. Any help or suggestions woould be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
How was the property dried out as I have seen some folk turn the heat up keep the windows closed with de humidifiers and heating on full blast 24/7.

The moisture has to go somewhere and as usual hot air rises.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back