AG6 and 8SP400A Accenta Mini Please help ( Tampa Fault Lockout )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a tampa fault lockout on a brand new device. The fault seem to be the alarm which is sealed with no water damage.
However, the instructions I'm following for wiring it seem to differ considerably depending on who printed the wiring for units and how I had it previous for the old
Optima compact.

AG6 TR V- ST- V+ SW

Panel A T Strobe- D B

Attachments

• as it is.jpg
    as it is.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A to V-
D to V+
B to S (siren)
Strobe - to ST-
T to TR (tamper return)

sometimes TR is trigger but then it would seem we wouldn't have a tamper so expect its the tamper return, don't use this bell box but should be confirmable in the manual.

Many thanks, I'm getting the impression the AG6 is not brilliant. Is the Reson8 bell box easier to wiring up?

I tend to fit customers choice where possible and if its a replacement try and get one that covers the original area.

I like the screen printed Orisec back lit bell box's (not so cheap mind) but installers buy direct from Orisec, so only an installer option, but odyssey X are probably the easiest to put up. three screws and your done and wiring is simple enough.

Sponsored Links
I've found the problem.
On the back on th AG6 there's a metal rocker switch that needs to be pressed against the wall. if it's not pressed in it gives a tamper lockout fault.
How did I find out: Took it off the wall and created a small circuit in the house. I know I shouldn't but I've used t-Rex tape to make sure it never happens again.

Thank you for your help.

well its common for people tnot to sort the tamper out, you will regret not doing it properly though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back