Agile: Self appointed Gas Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Legion

Why is it that anyone posting any sort of question/remark pertaining to Gas,This Guy persistently dives in with his `tut, tut` attitude to remind/inform fully qualified grown up members that their posts would be better served posted in the `Combustion Chamber`?

Gas Engineers/fitters are big enough and clever enough to decide what and where to post. To the Gas personnel still posting in this part of the Forum, please keep it up. It`s informative and entertaining. (Especially my posts).

To Mr Agile, no one posting in this part of the Forum has, so far as I can tell given out any bad / dangerous advice regarding Gas. If the CC is a little underwhelming/boring feel free to join the party in here.

But please stop `advising`Engineers/fitters where you think they should/ should not post.

I`m sure the Mod`s can do their job quite efficiently without you barging in waving red flags around all over the shop totally unneccesarily.

It`s not your job. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
To Mr Agile, no one posting in this part of the Forum has, so far as I can tell given out any bad / dangerous advice regarding Gas. If the CC is a little underwhelming/boring feel free to join the party in here.

But please stop `advising`Engineers/fitters where you think they should/ should not post.

You seem to be unable to recognise that lay members of the public read these forums. it is "inappropriate advice" to give details of how to do gas work or to suggest that a non qualified person starts measuring gas pressures or fitting gas pipework. Even if you are replying to a question from a registered person the public can still read what you say.

Don`t want to open up a can of worms here Gents and I am a Registered fitter BUT:

Isn`t diy gas work in your own home, done by yourself up to yourself
:eek:

That posting you made is irresponsible as you should know from your training that gas work is illegal when somebody is not competent to do it safely.

Whilst you hide your identity, your postings are viewable by the public and could potentially render the site owner financially liable for any injury if anyone followed your suggestions and got into trouble.

I try to give good advice but it will always be safe and not encourage anyone to do anything that could be dangerous.

The CC is a closed forum where gas engineers can discuss technical matters and faults including those where the solution involves gas work. You should join it.

Tony

I`m asking you to refrain from feeling it is your duty to keep butting in on posts especially from qualified posters and `telling` them their post would be better suited in the CC. Nothing to do with what I have or have not posted.

You are not a Mod.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Surely this drivel should be posted in General Discussion

You seem to be unable to recognise that lay members of the public read these forums. it is "inappropriate advice" to give details of how to do gas work or to suggest that a non qualified person starts measuring gas pressures or fitting gas pipework. Even if you are replying to a question from a registered person the public can still read what you say.

Tony

Of course lay members of the public read the forum...that's the target of the whole site.
It is not inappropriate to advise someone how to do gas work at all and it is blind stupidity, paranoia and self protection to claim it is. How did you learn gas work Tony before you were qualified?, I would guess at books and peers or is that somehow different?, or let me guess again....it was inate?

Really gets on my nerves that information is witheld which is required for safe and correct work to be done.[/u]

Nowadays we have to show experience, usually with a firm as a trainee then we are assessed every five years through an accredited scheme. Then we have been assessed annually by CORGI. We then of course have to be a member of the register.
Does that answer our question Ollski?

(sitting on sidelines with tub of popcorn) :D

Handbags at dawn!

Civil strife in the gas engineers world! Could anything be funnier?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back