ahhhh...have i used the wrong floor tile adhesive???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just finished laying a new porcelein tile floor in my bathroom. It is layed on a plywood base using 'unibond (ready mixed) wooden floor tile adhesive'. Now 2 days later the tiles are held in place, but make a sort of 'squidge' noise when walked on...does this mean they arent dry yet? how long will it take to dry? or have i really messed up and used completely wrong adhesive???
help, im starting to worry! :confused:

Sponsored Links
after 24hrs your tiles should be stuck fast and should definitely not be making any movement noises.

You wanna steer clear of ready mixed for flooring. Always use powdered adhesive and grout. Just my personal opinion.

Sponsored Links
That's the one problem with the readymixed, it takes dayts to go off, just stay off the tiles for a few more days.

I used to use this type of adhesive, it will hold the tiles fine, I had to take some up thet I fixed about 6 yrs ago and needed a pick axe to lift the ply complete with tiles still attached.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back