Air admittance valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have one bathroom and two en-suites and would like to know if I need to use an air admittance valve in each of these rooms.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Again, what are your reasons for wanting to fit AAAV's? There are regulations regarding their use as they only allow negative pressure ventilation. The foul drain must also be capable of venting positive pressure & we need to know more details about you drainage system & open soil stacks.

Hi.

The property is a Bungalow with an extension built onto the whole width of the back.

The were originally 2 drains in the existing property (kitchen and bathroom) that went into an inspection chamber at the rear.

I had to move the inspection chamber backwards and to the side to be able to construct the extension.

When doing this I noticed that properties to the left were also running they're drainage through my inspection chamber and through the properties to the right.

I now have one pipe running across the extension with 3 y connections connected, this pipe then goes to the inspection chamber.

I have only completed one en-suite and although I don't get any smells from the toilet I do get them from the basin.

It's strange as I have a toilet, shower and basin in there and I only get smells when running water through the basin.

I don't have any problems with the shower or toilet although they are connected.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
try fitting a HepVo trap on the basin. This acts as an AAV valve. It stops smells as well.

You said one house next door uses your inspection chamber. Did you say it also runs past your house into the house further on? Your description was bit confusing.

Do the other houses using the chamber have vented soil stacks?

Sorry.

I didn't mean to say that they use my inspection chamber.

They're just all linked together.

They are all bungalows and I cannot see any vent on any of the properties.

Thanks.

I assume you are aware that your extension, new loo’s & connections to the foul drain system is notifyable building works & subject to inspection & possible testing? ;)

Hi Richard.

Yes I went through it with the BCO before installing everything.

I have had to fit rodding eyes outside the building for each of the pipes that connect to a Y connection.

Thanks.

Hi.

I have a wall mounted basin with a chrome bottle trap.

How can I fit something to that.

Thanks.

hep 2 O valve inline somewhere in pipework - maybe ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back