Air band radio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used to listen to East Midlands information on air band radio.
It gave a minute by minute weather report.
I recently tried to find it again but no joy...is it still available?

Sponsored Links
Have a look at Transmission1 website, they seem to know about that kind of stuff.

I can listen to Broadcast radio, CB radio, Amateur radio, and PMR466, and if I by accident receive any PMR radio transmission be it fire, police, ambulance, or other, that is OK as long as I don't act on what I hear, unless reporting to the proper authorities, so if I hear some one planning a bank raid I can tell police, but to set up a video camera to record the raid would be against the law.

Also there are rules on using any radio which can be listened into, there was a taxi firm using CB radios, and thieves were using the information to know when homes were empty, one needs to be very careful.

I do maybe worry too much, as don't want to loose my licence, to may be listen in to my local railway PMR radio repeater and even tell some one else the frequency is one thing, but to publish in on a forum is some thing else.

Sponsored Links
Its absolutely fine to listen to ATC, ground, tower, departures, ATIS information. Police won't come running after you.

However....Transmit on these frequencies and then you will be in hot water!

I can listen to Broadcast radio, CB radio, Amateur radio, and PMR466, and if I by accident receive any PMR radio transmission be it fire, police, ambulance, or other, that is OK as long as I don't act on what I hear, unless reporting to the proper authorities, so if I hear some one planning a bank raid I can tell police, but to set up a video camera to record the raid would be against the law.

Also there are rules on using any radio which can be listened into, there was a taxi firm using CB radios, and thieves were using the information to know when homes were empty, one needs to be very careful.

I do maybe worry too much, as don't want to loose my licence, to may be listen in to my local railway PMR radio repeater and even tell some one else the frequency is one thing, but to publish in on a forum is some thing else.

That taxi firm was very naughty then, they shouldn't be using CB.

Its absolutely fine to listen to ATC, ground, tower, departures, ATIS information. Police won't come running after you.

However....Transmit on these frequencies and then you will be in hot water!

I've transmitted on those frequencies and wasn't put in hot water :unsure:

Back