Air Band Radio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used to listen to East Midlands information on air band radio.
It gave a minute by minute weather report.
I recently tried to find it again but no joy...is it still available?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not sure if one is allowed to listen to PMR radios, be it air band, police, fire, ambulance taxi etc. You can listen to CB, Amateur, and PMR466 and broadcast radio, yes I know we do tune in, I listen to local train radio, mainly as a safety thing as working on the line, but technically not legal unless I use their radios, but as long as I don't transmit can't see anyone being worried about it. It would be a grey area since working on the railway.

However
Give them a ring and ask 08081697032
is not really a good idea, interesting it may be, but keep it to yourself. My radio in Mid Wales is dead, I have renewed my licence, why not as now free, has to be validated every 5 years, i.e. you tell them your still alive. You can clearly be doing a scan and in error pick up some PMR radio, but you should not have the freq in your memory.

I remember years ago the Police radio from a Police car in the street came out of my dad's electric organ, so you can some times pick it up in error. Although not today, the radios are designed to stop you listening in now. Even the old mobile phones could be picked up until they went digital. Seem to remember receiving was OK but not acting on the information received.

There was a big fuss about taxi's using CB and thieves using the info gained to know when to rob houses. The same applies today with PMR466, it seems many users are unaware that anyone can listen in, used in shops etc, they often pass on info which they should not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back