air brick problem... please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

we have a very small garden on a new build... and I am looking to flatten as it currently slopes away from house making it unusable.. ideally I want to flatten.... but

Ive got a problem with some air bricks (and a fence), our garden backs onto the side of a neighbours house... see photo

3 airbricks (that go into their garage area) are approx 1 brick below ground level.

ideally I dont want a step if possible....

any easy solutions to either:
1. raise airbricks up externally (a galvanised flute for example?)

or any other ideas?... how to do that Im missing...

2. also the fence panel will be 150mm below but thought a sleeper might solve this? any cheaper ways?

cheers in advance for an help!

Sponsored Links
Are you proposing to raise your garden level above their air bricks then? Sorry if I'm missing something here......a photo of the full layout could help.
John :)

If you're asking can you bank earth against your neighbours house then ..... no!

Regardless of the air-bricks issue, you may well be storing up problems for the future by bridging the DPC.

Sponsored Links
Why is it "unusable" with that slope? What are you trying to use it for? (Bowls?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back