Air conditioning output next to our office windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know whether the people in the office next door can install air conditioning units blowing out the hot output air right next/into our office windows?
Anybody here work in industy and know the law on this?

Sponsored Links
I think you willfind there are legal constraints on this, but you would need an expert in the HVAC industry to tell you what they are..unless you fancy contacting the association that oversees the HVAC industry..

Get yourself an air con unit too, then you needn't open the window ;) :LOL:

Seriously though, our area office at work is above one of our shops, and the shop air con and the office air con (about 5 twinfan compressors in total) is on top of a 1-storey flat roof extension, and actually blocks the view from one of the office windows. ;)

I think there are also planning regs about this too. Go see the local planning office, see what they say about it. I have seen in the paper, applications for "retention of refrigeration compressors" etc.

My local shop has the aircon units on the back wall. The local kids all hang around the back and regularly relieve themselves against the AC units. Creates a nice smell of ammonia and stale pee whilst you shop, although I always thought A/C air was filtered...

Sponsored Links
BoxBasher said:
Creates a nice smell of ammonia and stale pee whilst you shop, although I always thought A/C air was filtered...
Are you aware of how a/c works? there is no transfer of air between inside and out. So that smell . . . must be something else. :rolleyes:

Crafty, that would depend on the type of system they have in the shopping centre...Some of the larger types use air from outside directly and cool or heat it accordingly...although that is more HVAC, but most people do not know the difference!!

A lot of these so called "air conditioners" are merely chillers, true air conditioning has the facility to add moisture to the air incorporating some form of "kettle" to add steam to the airflow and in so doing, keep control of the humidity as well as heaters and chillers to control the temperature, chillers take the moisture out of the air, hence why a lot of people suffer from sore dry throats working in those sort of environments.

crafty1289 said:
"retention of refrigeration compressors" etc.

That's a new one on me: never mind an*l retention, here's aircon retention!!

crafty1289 said:
. . . tumbleweed . . . .

tumbleweed.gif

Sponsored Links
Back