AIR CONDITIONING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any idea how much aprox it would cost to fit air conditioning in a 4 bed house ,and does it heat as well as cool a room

Thanks
Pete

Sponsored Links
Hello pete

Where about in the UK are you. I am an air conditioning installer from Leicestershire.
Yes the air conditioner is a heat pump, will cool and heat. Uses heat pump technology.
ie: For every 1KW of output, ( heat) will use 0.4 Kw of power, unlike an electric heater which will use 1Kw for 1Kw output.

It is difficult to assess how much it wou;d cost, depends very much on the site survey, but roughly assuming u have standard 12 x 15 rooms, you will require a 120000 Btu unit for each room.

Each unit cost approximately between 600 to 800 pounds.

Thanks for the reply Aiyup , i live in Manchester by the way. While on holiday in Florida i had a look at the air conditioning unit ,there seemed to be 1 heater/cooler unit and a grill in every room where i presumed ther was some sort of truncking attached. There is aiso a control unit situated in the living area. We have central heating at the moment and while we are having a extension built i wondered if it would be cost effective to have air conditioning installed.
Thanks again
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back