thermostat for air conditioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

not done much work on air con or heating systems but i was just wondering if anyone can sujest a thermostat to control the air conditioning in a computer server room.

Thanks,

carlos

Sponsored Links
bog standard stat should be adequate...

As long as it has a c/o switch, and doesn't just come on when the temperature falls...

shouldnt the air con system have come with its own control equipment? So the fans can keep blowing while the compressor is off? I would think connecting a bog standard thermostat to a air con unit would just turn the whole lot on and off (including condensate pump!). Surely you need a proper air con thermostat.

Sponsored Links
Carloss said:
...i was just wondering if anyone can sujest a thermostat to control the air conditioning in a computer server room.
Yes - I suggest a thermostat :evil:

crafty1289 said:
shouldnt the air con system have come with its own control equipment? So the fans can keep blowing while the compressor is off? I would think connecting a bog standard thermostat to a air con unit would just turn the whole lot on and off (including condensate pump!). Surely you need a proper air con thermostat.

depends on how the system is wired.
recently installed a large aircon system. big part on the roof and part inside. all the controls are on one unit located in a cupboard (altho since the controller is in the cupboard, there is a seperate stat goin in the air duct blowing out)

Make sure it is not a heat pump and that there is no requirement for humidity control. If there is check out Danfoss as suggested in the previous.

Also make sure that the the diff on the stat is wide enough to stop the unit short cycling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back