Air in boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester system boiler about 6 years old and I can hear a gurgling coming from it. This has not always happened. It is a condensing boiler, but not a combi. Pressure is about 1.75 bar and doesn't drop. None of the radiators have air in them including a towel rail in the bathroom directly above the boiler which was installed as a bypass. It is a modulating boiler and I have the boiler control On 3 out of 5, the noise seems to stop if I turn the boiler up to 5 or Max. It hasn't had a service for 2years. Apart from the noise it is working fine. Is this noise something to worry about?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Actually, I've had another listen and at times it sounds like water dripping but no sign of any leeks.

A leek is a type of onion!

The type of noise you are describing is often caused by a partially blocked condensate drain.

You could check the tube external to the boiler for blockages.

But why no services for last two years?

Tony

Sponsored Links
No one on here or any website can tell you if its safe or not. thats why we get services.

and no. Its probably not air in the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back