air in brakes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just replaced back brakes on saxo 1.1 cant get rid of air it just keeps coming there are no leaks no broken pipes every thing is tiki boo plus have small judder when braking the brakes do work /not proper

Sponsored Links
If you hav'nt let your master cylinder go too low with fluid, and you have air in your system(how do you know it's air) then it suggests heavy braking causing boiling of the fluid, causing the drum to get hot and a slight distortion of the drum,, could be air in the front, bit of a wobble when braking, this is how it USED to be, maybe things/boiling points of fluid have changed

Check for distorted drums or discs.It sounds like the brake pedal is soft due to the pistons/cylinders being kicked back due to this.

libyloo the res is full made sure of that have new one man bleed kit /used 1 litre oil but air still comes thru after one/half hours pumpin /bleedin keepin res filled at all times

Sponsored Links
Stupid question but the cap from the resevoir was removed during the operation??

Scanjet21,
could I ask you a couple of questions to try to assist you.

1) did the brake pedal feel ok before you changed the brakes ?

2) If so, why did you feel you had to bleed the system ? Did you loose any fluid ?

;)

A Saxo's probably been driven hard (not stereotyping or anything :LOL: ) and extreme braking (heat) can warp discs - if the juddering was there before you did the brakes, you'll need new discs. Did this on my Punto, sorted the problem. (It wasnt me driving it hard, the problem came with the car) But juddering can come from elsewhere.

Take the front wheels off and rotate the discs, looking for the distance between the disc and pad. It should be constant. If not you have warped discs.

Do you mean air bubbles are coming out of the bleeding hose?

Are you using the method of a hose pushed on the beeding nipple and drooped into a glass jar?

Do you tighten the nipple at the end of every downstroke on the pedal before allowing the pedal to come up? (otherwise air leaks back in round the threads of the nipple, even if it is a hose with a one-way valve).

many thanks to all with the right answers we have worped drums and a rusty bleed nipple hence even with oneman bleeder kit the nipple should be closed each time to stop returning air throu thread on nipple

Sponsored Links
Back