Air in one section of radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with 3 of my 7 radiators, they are constantly filling with air and requiring bled on a daily basis. The other 4 do not ever require to be bled. It is a fully pumped vented system, Y plan.

The 3 problem ones are all on the same run of pipe while the other 4 are on another run of pipe, all downstairs.

1 of the 3 is closest to the boiler and seems to get the most air, which then seems to affect the ability of the pump to pump, leading to hot water which does not heat up as quickly as it should and so an unhappy wife, they do like their hot baths :)

I have recently used a sludge cleaner and filled up with inhibitor, I have not fully checked for leaks in the pipe work yet, no leaks on the radiators. However I have discovered that the one in the middle has been piped the wrong way around.

The radiators use Yorkshire mistral valves, the one where both pipes enter one side of the radiator. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back