Air in radiator (keeps returning)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having to bleed air out of one of my downstairs radiators every couple of weeks as the radiator is only getting hot up to about half way.

I then have to refill the system to top up the water in the central heading system.

It's only this one radiator that needs bleeding, the rest are fine.

It suggests I have a leak somewhere, but I'm not seeing any water leaking anywhere.

The pipes downstairs are all set into the screed (no floorboards).

Any idea how to diagnose this further?

Sponsored Links
Possibly hydrogen gassing up. can be eliminated when you bleed radiator hold a lighter against it if it lights is hydrogen if not then next options.

Pump,vent cold feed issue either configuration or blocked/restricted cold feed.

Leak on the system. likely if the pipes are in screed and are copper and not wrapped they can quite easily rot through. you wouldn't notice a leak necessarily

Sponsored Links
Whip rad off take it outside and give it a good flushing out with a hose. Give it a few good taps with a rubber mallet to dislodge any stubborn bits of iron oxide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back