Air in system after new boiler

just doing the new pipework, it did have a lot of magnetite around the cold feed/vent area.
I have cleaned around that area as best as I can and have made sure my F and E tank is clean.
Done the pipework, filled up again with water and checking for leaks.
Should I try to flush through again before adding inhibitor?
My water runs clean when I drain the system down, even though it was full of magnetite around the cold feed.
Would you call a flush opening up a downstairs rad and drain off while the F and E tank is still filling up, so it flushing through for sat half an hour, or do you think this will be no help?
Or do you think I should just add inhibitor once I no I have no leaks, bleed and job done.
Appreciate your advice.
Thanks,
Kevin

Sponsored Links
A hot flush with some cleaner such as x400 wouldn't hurt, but it's not really necessary f everything heats well. Inhibitors added when you are happy everything is working.

I have finished the replumb, there was alot of magnetite around the cold feed and vent area.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will stop the biuld up of hydrogen that I have been getting, I will have to wait about a week before I can tell if it has worked.
Thanks for all your help. tried to upload a photo but it not letting me

I have finished the replumb, there was alot of magnetite around the cold feed and vent area.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will stop the biuld up of hydrogen that I have been getting, I will have to wait about a week before I can tell if it has worked.
Thanks for all your help. tried to upload a photo but it not letting me
Which address do I send the invoice to?

Sponsored Links
I'm starting to see the build up of hydrogen in the same radiator again but it has taken longer then it did before. I'm sure the cold feed repiping has helped but it hasn't cured it completely. I put in 1 litre of sentnel inhibitor in when I refilled, I have an eleven radiator system. Do you think putting another litre in will help, or what would you suggest?
Thanks,
Kevin

I will give it another litre of sintinel inhibitor first cos I have 6 double rads and 5 single rads, maybe I never put enough in. If it hasn't improved in a couple of weeks I will try the Fernox F4 (LSI),. It says I need two lots of Fernox for a system that size, which is quite expensive so I try inhibitor first.
Thanks for the advicee, I will let you know the outcome

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back