air lock(hot water circuit)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a job to go on back thur,customer fine but wont spend anything.back boiler changed pump heating side fine, 4 pipe system air lock on hot water side,combined heat and vent pipe(not ideal ).air vent but close to vent/feed so just fills from header.could try filling from mains but again will go straight out the vent i think!i could take stat out and overheat never been too keen on this.has any one got any old plumbers tricks or some thing else i can try ,will do stat if last resort.thanks daz

Sponsored Links
hi i have a job to go on back thur,customer fine but wont spend anything.back boiler changed pump heating side fine, 4 pipe system air lock on hot water side,combined heat and vent pipe(not ideal ).air vent but close to vent/feed so just fills from header.could try filling from mains but again will go straight out the vent i think!i could take stat out and overheat never been too keen on this.has any one got any old plumbers tricks or some thing else i can try ,will do stat if last resort.thanks daz

what were you originally at the job for?
combined heat and vent pipe? do you mean feed/vent?
take stat and overheat out from where? boiler?

you say you have an air lock on hot water side do you mean no hot water out of taps or no central heating going to cylinder coil?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back