Air lock in central heating? - help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an oil fired Camray Quartet central heating system, 10 yrs old. The boiler keeps firing then switching off after 5 mins, no heat going to radiators. I read that I may have an air lock and unscrewed the front of the Grundfos Selecteric 15-50 pump and some air with drips of water came out. This seemed to solve it and it worked for a day but now keeps doing it. I have bled the rads but by the gurgling sounds from the pipes near the boiler sounds like air. Also a slight grinding noise from near the pump but when front is off the pump you can see it is working. I am not an expert so any advice appreciated please. The motor and pump on the boiler both replaced 3 years ago.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice. I checked the tank which has water in it.

The problem seems to have resolved itself by letting air out of the front of the pump. The next day the noise stopped and its back working again!

Not sure whats going on but at least its working, but thanks again for your help
Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back