Air Lock in Megaflow System?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a megaflow system installed about a month ago. It has been working very well until yesterday when the vibrating noise started which we used to get on the old system whcih lasts for about 5-10 minutes. Is this an air lock and is this common with megaflow? Can it be rectified?

Sponsored Links
Are you saying the megaflo is vibrating, the domestics pipe work off it, or the heating system and pipe work connected to it (indirect side)?

Probably the heating system and pipe work. The noise stops when I turn up the thermostat on a radiator.

It sounds as if you have TRVs which are causing vibration when they get up to temperature.

You should get an auto bypass fitted to the system!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Could you explain what are TRVs and an auto bypass? Where is the bypass fitted and what does it do? I have no plumbing knowledge whatsoever! Thanks.

Look in the FAQs forum topic.

If you have no plumbing knowledge then you may need to employ a plumber?

Tony

The plumber who fitted the system is coming back next week. I was just curious to know if this is a common problem with megaflow systems and if it can be rectified. We were very satisfied with the new system until the noise started.

We are somewhat guessing but as opening a TRV stops the noise then it seems to be to be a bypass problem.

I hope your plumber is qualified to fit unvented cylinders and has notified it to your Building Control department?

Tony

This I feel has nothing to do at all with your megaflo.

It could be as Tony says, or indeed as simple as a uni-directional trv (thermostatic radiator valve) having been fitted against the flow direction it has been intended for use with. If it only has one arrow on it then this could well be the case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back