Air lock in the oil supply line,Trianco Redfyre boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if some one can help,i stupidly did'nt keep an eye on the level of the oil tank and ran out.I now have 500 litres in there and the boiler won't start, it keeps locking out.I presume there is a air lock in the supply pipe.Does anyone know how i can bleed the system of air and get it running again.

Sponsored Links
There should be a hex shaped plug above/next to the oil feed line into the bolier pump.

Undo to bleed the air from the line.

I'd be more inclined to suspect sludge rather than air.

There should be a hex shaped plug above/next to the oil feed line into the bolier pump.

Undo to bleed the air from the line.

Would i have to run the motor at the same time as undoing the bleed nut ?

Sponsored Links

Why?

Is it not obvious that if a small bore pipe is sucked dry then it will fill with air!

If a radiator is drained it fills with air!!

Would you suggest that it is full of sludge?? :rolleyes:

Why?

Is it not obvious that if a small bore pipe is sucked dry then it will fill with air!

The boiler was working fine before running out of oil,if it was sludge it would drag that in whether the tank was full or empty as the outlet is at the bottom.I donnot dispute the fact the pipe has air in,i just wanted the method of drawing the oil back through the pipe to the bolier from the now filled tank.

Why?
That's for me to know and you to work out.

If it's obvious then I don't know why you feel the need to state it. Perhaps you don't know what the usual gauge of an oil supply line is. Perhaps there are lots of things you don't know.

I don't see how a radiator has anything to do with this topic. You must be confused. Or perhaps just trolling.

phil1 said:
The boiler was working fine before running out of oil,if it was sludge it would drag that in whether the tank was full or empty as the outlet is at the bottom.
Since you believe yourself to be capable of eliminating the possibility of sludge without checking for it, I'm sure you can use the same reasoning to solve the problem.

If not, then Terrywookfit is on hand to help you out. He is very capable and knowledgable, and with his quick wit there'll be plenty of laughs along the way.

Good luck. Not that you need it.

Seeing as softus has flounced off in a huff :LOL: Can I just put my twopennoth in. Any storage tank will usually have sediment settled in the bottom, it becomes a problem if the tank is allowed to run dry because that's when the gunge gets pulled through. It's like cars when the petrol tank runs dry and the crap gets through and blocks the carburrettor.

Try loosening the flexi connection until oil is present!

It will then be much easier to vent the pump!!

It is some times easier with pump running!!

Ensure that you DO NOT move oil pressure adjusment screw by mistrake!!

I think you know me better than that, sooey.

There's no huff at this end, only unmeasurable amusement at Terrywookfit's 'humour'!! !! !! !!

I do, however, permit myself the odd flounce, when nobody's watching.

But how can it possibly be sludge? Are you an idiot?

!!

PS !!

Try loosening the flexi connection until oil is present!

It will then be much easier to vent the pump!!

It is some times easier with pump running!!

Ensure that you DO NOT move oil pressure adjusment screw by mistrake!!

Thanks for your help :D

I do, however, permit myself the odd flounce, when nobody's watching.
Don't we all, I especially like hotpants for a good flounce in front of the mirror whan nobody's in.
But how can it possibly be sludge?
never said it was.
Are you an idiot?
I fink so !!!, but I'm not sure.[/quote]

So which way do you think the OP will go, sooey, when he finally solves the problem?

Gloating, or dead silence?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back