Air Lock With Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I would appear to have an airlock in our ensuite cold water tap which runs off a tank in our attic

We have one of those fancy mixer raps (imaged attached) and unsure as to how to clear it (most videos suggest the tap trick which we can't do with the tsp we have)

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20180205_000147.jpg
    IMG_20180205_000147.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 114
Sponsored Links
Is that a high pressure tap on a gravity system? Good luck with any great flow coming out of it.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I would appear to have an airlock in our ensuite cold water tap which runs off a tank in our attic
Is there any cold flow from that tap ?
Is your hot water to that tap via a combi boiler ?

Have the tap installation instructions been followed,if no instructions ask the supplying merchant for a pdf copy.

Info always helps.

Is there any cold flow from that tap ?

there is no flow at the moment, ive tried half opening the tap and have only managed to achieve a few drops of water into the toilet

Is your hot water to that tap via a combi boiler ?

Correct, hot water comes from a combi boiler and is working fine

Have the tap installation instructions been followed,if no instructions ask the supplying merchant for a pdf copy.

installation was carried out by a qualified plumber at the time

Wet vac is the answer, (aprrox. £40 from wickes.)

But your plumber should of left you with a working tap, why didn't he?

Andy

The flow wasn't great due it being the wrong tap for your system. If the plumber won't come around then you will have to get a wet vac and try from there.

Why did you buy that style of tap? Were you asked what system you had or did you just buy it? Your plumber should of advised you when he saw it.

Andy

given the style of tap, dont know how I can get a hose pipe to fit

Take the indice out of the tap, put the end of the hose inside and form a seal with your hands. You’ll need a helper to slowly turn the hose on whilst you have tap open to cold feed.

A wet vac would be much better tho, and they are always useful to own ;)

I wouldn’t plumb in a combi for hot and leave cold on gravity - you’ve no balance.
Cold should also be off main.

The flow wasn't great due it being the wrong tap for your system. If the plumber won't come around then you will have to get a wet vac and try from there.

Why did you buy that style of tap? Were you asked what system you had or did you just buy it? Your plumber should of advised you when he saw it.

Andy

Hey, Andy... I’m outside a job, waiting for keys... what’s your excuse? :LOL::ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back