Air Pressure Switch/Fan Operation Question

R

Ringy123

Hi lads, just a quick general question about APS. In what way can a faulty APS affect the operation of the fan? As I understand if the APS is fused from C to NO position the PCB can actually in fact think the fan is running when its actually not leaving the boiler at a standstill with the pump continually running. Am I right in saying that?

Also on a 3 wire configuration APS if there is no continuity through C and NC at boiler start up (two wires disconnected) would the fan receive voltage from PCB or does the PCB have to receive a return signal (voltage) via C and NC before sending voltage to the fan (powering fan) and then in turn receiving voltage back again to PCB via NO of APS (proved air flow position) when fan is running.

Is there any boilers that check the APS for continuity between C and NC at the start on sensor check?

Thanks for reading hope I can get some feedback to clear theses few question up for me.

Sponsored Links
You're not getting an answer on this here. Read the forum rules.
it's ok I've found out anyway.

1. Yes if the APS is fused to NO it can affect the operation of the fan (PCB thinks fan is running when it's actually not).

2. Yes on a 3 wire configuration APS the PCB will need a return signal from NC before sending voltage to fan.

3. And finally yes some boilers at start up (sensor check) will require a signal back to PCB from APS, while other boilers won't (3 wire configuration/ 2 wire configuration)

Sponsored Links
Your wrong. Join the combustion chamber and find the answer there.
I'm not wrong on all 3 answers I know that for sure now. The 3th answer is wrong as for the other two are right. I know this cause I got stuck on a vokera mynute where the APS was fused to NO position and the boiler PCB taught the fan was running and the boiler was left there with just pump running. Hence the reason for the questions on the APS. As for joining the combustion chamber how do I join? I am a RGI.

I'm not wrong on all 3 answers I know that for sure now. The 3th answer is wrong as for the other two are right. I know this cause I got stuck on a vokera mynute where the APS was fused to NO position and the boiler PCB taught the fan was running and the boiler was left there with just pump running. Hence the reason for the questions on the APS. As for joining the combustion chamber how do I join? I am a RGI.

Your wrong bud. Join the combustion chamber.

Your wrong bud. Join the combustion chamber.
im not gas safe registered I'm RGII registered here in Ireland. How can I join I gave my RGI number

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back