air pressure switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please explain the function of the air pressure switch - obviously it allows the fan to start so does not rely on pressure to run the fan but it changes state when it detects the fan running - is this correct? it then switches the fan off - yes?

Sponsored Links
thanks - I was looking for a bit more detail though - if the aps allows the fan to start in the first place without any air pressure from the fan, surely the air pressure from the fan will then switch the fan off

err yer talking balls bonny lad

and obviously don't understand how it works

the aps is part of the ignition sequence

if you don't understand that try going back and asking a question you might understand the answer to :idea:

Sponsored Links
the fan starts and makes the switch not the other way about

the aps is there to prove that the fan is running so there isnt combustion without the fan running

please explain the function of the air pressure switch - obviously it allows the fan to start so does not rely on pressure to run the fan but it changes state when it detects the fan running - is this correct? it then switches the fan off - yes?

i cannot believe anyone who has passed CCN1 asking this question, surely you covered controls during your course. i suggest you go back and have a look over your books before you do any boiler maintenance

who said hes done ccn1.ps just to confuse. most modern boilers dont have one.

You are trying to insult me but this is obviously way above your heads - I am looking into the electronics of the PCB to find out the switching logic - need to learn a bit more than "its part of the ignition sequence" - maybe some of you change things until it works but a fault on a PCB will be a result of a single component that will cost pennies to replace.
Never mind, I'll figure it out!

You are trying to insult me but this is obviously way above your heads - I am looking into the electronics of the PCB to find out the switching logic - need to learn a bit more than "its part of the ignition sequence" - maybe some of you change things until it works but a fault on a PCB will be a result of a single component that will cost pennies to replace.

so why didn't you ask the freaking question in the first place

if you don't understand how the aps works i would stay put till you do

as for insults

ask me in a nice way :idea:

no 1 mentioned changing parts?

if you dont know how the sequence works god help you when you work out how to get the cover off the pcb

yep way above my head thats why i use a multimeter to test the aps.being a three wire aps or two wire aps on either an electronic ignition or permanent pilot.no need to go into the relms of pcb checking till you know what values your getting to and from the aps.

apologies if my post insulted you, but your comments were so basic and so wrong i advised you to start at the beginning again, now you say you are looking at pcb electronics and sequences, but if you think the aps controls the fan then you will never understand the more complicated sequences until you comprehend the basic sequence of a standard effieciency boiler, so are you competent and fully understand basic component sequence and function, and what are you trying to actually do/understand

who said hes done ccn1.ps just to confuse. most modern boilers dont have one.

perhaps i shouldnt have assumed but given the name gasman12 and a question on boilers, and it would appear i'm correct and he has done CCN1 (although he hasnt confirmed it, only took the cream puff that we were insulting him)
i think most of us are aware modern condensing boilers are different to older boilers with aps and fan, but i didnt mention it cause it wasnt relevant as he was asking about aps function

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back